INFORMATION ABOUT US
1. We own and/ or operate:
a) starifly.com, a website (“Website”); and
b) starifly.hk, a website; and
c) Such other websites and mobile applications through which we render Services to you from time to time (together with the Website, “STARIFLY”)
In these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”), “we” and “us” means the applicable STARIFLY Contracting Party as defined in the section headed “STARIFLY Contracting Party” below. We offer to STARIFLY users, among other things, a full-featured decentralised digital content distribution platform that allows them to easily distribute their digital contents to their audiences across multiple channels (“Services”). Any new or additional Service we launch from time to time shall also be subject to the Terms.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS
Should you be under the age of 18, please obtain prior confirmation from your parents or guardians in respect of these Terms and Conditions.
1. STARIFLY Service provides a decentralised digital content distribution platform, including but not limited to distributing online courses and/or digital files and/or jobs. All users are permitted to post digital content (“Creator”) and receive profits from those contents .
2. The User hereby acknowledges and agrees that STARIFLY only acts as a service provider between Creator and User, and STARIFLY is not responsible for the digital contents and does not act as the agent of Creator and/or User.
3. The User who intends to use STARIFLY Service must sign up to STARIFLY Service and register through the Mobile Application or the Website. During the registration process, the User is asked to provide personal information and data according to the Private Policy, failing which no registration will be proceeded.
4. For Creators to retrieve their profits from STARIFLY, further and additional documents and information in order to facilitate verification of identity and abide by the government regulations may be required. Refusal or failing to provide may result in suspension of the account and transaction will not be proceeded. After the completion of verification, the transaction will be continued.
1. The User should have read the information and/or details and/or description of their intended products in its entity prior to purchase. Upon purchase, the User acknowledges and agrees the relevant contents of the digital goods and services.
2. The primary purchase method on the STARIFLY is through StarCoins. StarCoins is a digital currency used only within STARIFLY and can be purchased by the User.
3. STARIFLY reserves the right to penalise users in breach of this Terms, e.g. by suspending their accounts, without prejudice to other measures that STARIFLY is entitled to take against users in breach. Such users shall be punished with a fine, including but not limited to account re-activation fee, and/or legal action.
4. The User may request for refund for their purchased digital contents if not consumed the digital content, or provide valid reasons to STARIFLY for refund. All refunds will be in the form of StarCoin.
PROHIBITED, QUESTIONABLE AND INFRINGING ITEMS AND ACTIVITIES
1. You are solely responsible for your conduct and activities on and regarding STARIFLY and any and all data, text, information, usernames, graphics, images, photographs, profiles, audio, video, items, and links (together, “Content”) that you submit, post, and display on STARIFLY.
2. You represent and warrant that the Content and your user of STARIFLY shall not:
a. Be false, inaccurate and/or misleading;
b. Be fraudulent or involve the transaction of illegal, counterfeit or stolen items infringe upon any third-party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
c. Violate the Terms, any site policy, or any applicable law, statue, ordinance or regulation.
d. Contain items that have been identified by the applicable laws or regulations as hazardous and therefore subject to a recall be defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening, unlawfully harassing, impersonate or intimidate any person (including our staff or our affiliate’ staff or other users), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, through for example, the use of similar email address, nicknames, or creation of false account(s) or any other method or device be obscene or contain child pornography;
e. Infringe any copyright or intellectual property or any legitimate interest of any third party;
Contain or transmit any code of a destructive nature that may damage, detrimentally interfere with surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
g. Modify, adapt or hack the Website or STARIFLY or modify other website to mimic STARIFLY so as to falsely imply that it is associated with STARIFLY or us; or
h. Create liability for us or cause us to lose the service of our ISPs or other suppliers; or link directly to or indirectly, reference to other websites that bypass the payments on STARIFLY. Furthermore, you may not list any item on STARIFLY that could cause us to violate any applicable law, status, ordinance or regulation or that violates these Terms.
3. We reserve the right to remove any Content posted by any user onto STARIFLY which falls under any of the categories as described above, which is inappropriate for posting on STARIFLY in the sole discretion of us.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONTENT
1. Our trade name and company name, STARIFLY ONLINE EDUCATION COMPANY LIMITED, and other STARIFLY graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names are our or our affiliates’ intellectual properties and may not be used, including as part of trademark and/or as part of domain names or email addresses, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
2. The names of actual companies and products mentioned on STARIFLY may be the intellectual property of Creators.
3. We will not own or claim any intellectual property rights over the materials that you provide to STARIFLY or post, upload, input or submit to us through STARIFLY. However, by posting uploading, inputting, providing, or submitting your materials, you are granting us, our affiliates companies and necessary sub-licensees a license, on the terms mentioned in this paragraph, to enable us and /or STARIFLY to use your materials in connection with the operation of their internet businesses including, without limitation, the rights to: copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and/or reformat your materials and to publish your name in connection with your materials. You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, publicity and database rights you have in any materials you provide to us through STARIFY.
4. By posting, uploading, inputting, providing or submitting your materials, you warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to your materials as described in this section including, without limitation, all the rights necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the materials.
5. You are welcome to provide any ideas and suggestions regarding improvement to the Services. In no event shall the provision of such feedback be subject to any obligation of confidentiality or expectation of compensation. By submitting any feedback to us (whether directly or indirectly), you waive any and all rights in it and acknowledge that we will be free to implement or modify it if desired.
1. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change, amend, to add or remove any provisions in the Terms (“Amendments”) under which STARIFLY is offered at any time. We will notify you of the Amendments by posting the updated Terms with the Amendments on STARIFLY. You are advised to check the Terms from time to time for any Amendments that may impact you. By continuing to use STARIFLY or any of the Services following the notice of Amendments or or the posting of the updated Terms with the Amendments to STARIFLY, you agree to be bound by the updated Terms with the Amendments. Unless otherwise specified, any Amendments will apply on the date on which the updated Terms with the Amendments are posted onto STARIFLY. We may give prior notice of these Amendments to all fee paying members where such Amendments will result in a material reduction in the availability, benefits and features of STARIFLY.
2. Any failure by us to enforce or exercise any provision of the Terms, or any related right, will not be a waiver of that provision or right. Any rights not expressly granted in any provision of these Terms are reserved. We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms, by email (being the primary email linked to your account), regular mail, postings on STARIFLY, or other reasonable means now known or developed in the future.
3. A printed version of the Terms and of any notice given in electronic form, will be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these terms to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. It is the express wish of the parties that the Terms and all related documents be in English.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Unless expressly provided in the Terms, a person other than us and our affiliates, STARIFLY users or anyone accessing the Services pursuant to the Terms, a person who is not a party to the Terms has no right to enforce or to enjoy the benefit of any provision in the Terms. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall not affect the rights of any permitted assignee or transferor of these Terms.
By joining STARIFLY as a user, you have entrusted us with an important responsibility and we are committed to upholding a high standard when it comes to our privacy practices and how we deal with your personal information.